Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Zoo Day: A My First Experiences Book by Annie Rockwell and Lizzy Rockwell



Zoo Day: A My First Experiences Book by Anne Rockwell and Lizzy Rockwell (2017)
I probably don’t need to tell you how great Anne Rockwell’s books are for storytime, and this one is no different. A perfect, realistic, and gentle narrative that shows what a trip to the zoo is like for a family (aside from the lack of crowds, that is). A perfect example of narrative nonfiction for storytime.

Themes/topics: zoo, family, parrots, maps, events, nonfiction, firsts

Sample text from one spread:
When the zookeeper comes to feed them, the sea lions gather around, barking even louder. She throws a shiny fish up in the air. A sea lion catches it and slaps his flipper on the rock. Another catches a fish and dives underwater.
“Now they’re making me hungry,” I tell my mom.
“Me too,” she says. 

No comments:

Post a Comment